Thursday, August 2, 2012

Burlap & All of It's Scratchy Goodness

I love burlap. And it's being used in so many ways these days. I'm pretty sure Pinterest has given burlap new life and many new uses. I see it everywhere and in lots of projects! And why not? It's comes in so many colors and it's cheap. Two of my favorite qualities in fabric. Here are a few great ways to use one of my favorite textiles!


I have some in my living room, but these looked so elegant, I had to post.

These are just a few ways to use burlap in everyday decor. In my house, I have a burlap throw pillow with our last initial on it, burlap drapes, burlap faux roman shade, burlap table runner, etc. You can do so much with it! My favorite color is the natural color, but it also comes in orange, green, dark brown, red, etc. I get mine at Hobby Lobby. It can be washed and laid flat to dry to get rid of some of the strong smell and make it feel less scratchy. My sister hair-sprays it to get some of the fly away pieces to lay down as well. What's your favorite way to use burlap?

Stay tuned for more sewing projects! I've gotten my machine back out and have begun some more projects. I'll be sharing them here soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and love hearing from each of you!